Which is hotter red or green enchilada sauce?
Click to see full answer
Similarly one may ask, is red or green enchilada sauce better?
Red chiles tend to have a slightly sweeter tastes so red enchilada sauce is often more mild. Because green enchilada sauce is made with green ingredients including green chiles, tomatillos, and sometime jalapeños, it tends to have a larger heat range.
Additionally, what color is enchilada sauce? Most green enchilada sauces use green chilis, which includes jalapenos and serrano, tipping off the spicy scale. As with any color chili, green sauces range from mild to hot. Red enchilada sauce, on the other hand, is typically made from a variety of red chilies, vinegar, onions, garlic and spices.
One may also ask, what is the best canned green enchilada sauce?
5 Top Canned Enchilada Sauce : Our Picks & Recommendations
- Best Pick: Rosarita Enchilada Sauce.
- Best Canned Green Enchilada Sauce: Old El Paso Green Enchilada.
- Best Canned Red Enchilada Sauce: Ol El Paso Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Best Canned Tomatillo Enchilada Sauce: La Costena Green Tomatillos.
What's the best enchilada sauce?
Comparison And Ratings Of The Best Canned Enchilada Sauce
- Amalia's Cocina Authentic Enchilada Sauce. 99%
- Hatch Enchilada Sauce-Red Medium. 94%
- El Pato Red Chile Enchilada Sauce. 88%
- Rosarita Mild Enchilada Sauce.