Where is Vitamin A found?
Moreover, which foods are high in vitamin A?
- Beef liver.
- Cod liver oil.
- Sweet potato.
- Black-eyed peas.
- Sweet red pepper.
Likewise, which fruit is rich in vitamin A? 10 Fruits High in Provitamin A
- Mango — 20% DV per serving.
- Cantaloupe — 19% DV per serving.
- Pink or Red Grapefruit — 16% DV per serving.
- Watermelon — 9% DV per serving.
- Papaya — 8% DV per serving.
- Apricot — 4% DV per serving.
- Tangerine — 3% DV per serving.
- Nectarine — 3% DV per serving.
Thereof, how does vitamin A help your body?
Vitamin A is the generic term for a group of fat-soluble compounds highly important for human health. They're essential for many processes in your body, including maintaining healthy vision, ensuring the normal function of your immune system and organs and aiding the proper growth and development of babies in the womb.
What is the best form of vitamin A?
Two forms of vitamin A are available in the human diet: preformed vitamin A (retinol and its esterified form, retinyl ester) and provitamin A carotenoids [1-5].