Where is the drain on a chest freezer?
- Open the freezer and remove all of the items from inside the freezer.
- Locate the drain plug by looking around the bottom rim inside the deep freezer.
Click to see full answer
Regarding this, do all chest freezers have a drain plug?
Some drains have a hose attachment to release the water. Put a pan underneath the drain to catch the water if you can't attach a hose. Not every freezer has a drain plug, though, so you might need to skip this step. The easiest and safest thawing technique calls for one simple step: keeping the lid open.
Furthermore, how do you defrost a chest freezer without a drain? Here's how to defrost a stand-up or chest freezer that doesn't have a defrost drain:
- Unplug the freezer.
- Empty the freezer, placing the frozen food in a cooler for temporary storage.
- Wait about 15 minutes for the ice to soften.
- Scrape the ice from the walls with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Similarly, it is asked, where is the drain hole in my freezer?
Defrost drain hole located on the back wall of the freezer, just up from where the floor slopes up to the back, in the center. Plastic panel held in place by a screw. Remove screw and panel, and the drain hole will be visible.
Do freezers have drains?
A refrigerator constantly produces condensation inside its freezer compartment. The liquid that forms drips down a drain pipe into a pan underneath the appliance where it eventually evaporates. A plugged drain pipe throws a kink in this process, causing water to back up and pool on the inside bottom of the fridge.