Where is SvcUtil located?
Consequently, what is Svcutil?
Svcutil.exe can be used to download metadata from running services, and save the metadata to local files. For HTTP and HTTPS URL schemes, Svcutil.exe attempts to retrieve metadata using WS-Metadata Exchange and DISCO. For all other URL schemes, Svcutil.exe only uses WS-Metadata Exchange.
Also Know, what is WCF client? WCF client is a client application creates to expose the service operations as method. Any application can host a WCF client, including an application that host a service. Therefore it is possible to create a service that includes WCF clients of other services.
Consequently, where is WCF Test Client?
WCF Test Client is a debugging tool for WCF services.
How to start the WCF Test Client?
- Open the folder "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 10.0Common7IDE" and double-click on WcfTestClient.exe.
- From the command prompt we can open the tool by passing the service URI as a command argument.
How do I create a proxy class using Svcutil?
SVCUtil.exe is a tool for service utility. Using this you can also generate the proxy into client application for the service.
There are different options to generate the proxy class for the WCF Service.
- By “Add Service Reference” from Visual Studio.
- Using SVCUtil. ext Utility.
- Implementing ClientBase<T> class.