When should I treat for grub worms?
Click to see full answer
Similarly one may ask, what is the best time to treat for grubs?
Grubs burrow deep into the soil and rest through the winter. Some move as much as 12 inches below the surface. Come March, lawns already under attack by grubs are best treated in early spring or fall. Apply Bayer Advanced 24 Hour Grub Killer Plus for fast results.
Beside above, are grub worms bad? The answer to whether grub worms will hurt your garden is a resounding yes. These annoying pests feed on the roots of plants and turfgrass, which can cause severe and irreversible damage to the vegetation. Once you have taken the proper actions to get rid of the grubs, implement preventive measures to keep them at bay.
Then, can I treat for grubs in October?
2) CURATIVE insecticides These two insecticides are the only options if high numbers of grubs are found in the fall and in spring before early May. Our research indicates they will kill 20-80 percent of grubs when applied in September or 20-55 percent when applied in late October.
What is the best product to kill grubs?
TOP-8 Grub Worm Killers
- Scotts GrubEx, 5,000-sq ft (Grub Killer & Preventer) Net Wt. 14.35lb.
- Bayer Advanced 700740S 24 Hour Grub Killer Plus, Granules & Bayer Grub Control, Spray.
- Sevin Ready-To-Use 5% Dust 3 Pack 1 lb each.
- Sevin Concentrate Pest Control, 1-Gallon.