What words have Oy in them?
- boy. coy. foy. goy. hoy. joy. soy.
- ahoy. boyo. boys. buoy. cloy. coys. foys.
- alloy. annoy. boyar. boyla. boyos. buoys.
- annoyances. annoyingly. boycotters. boycotting. boyfriends. boyishness.
- antiboycott. boysenberry. chatoyances. clairvoyant. coemploying. corduroying.
- antiboycotts. antiroyalist. boyishnesses. chatoyancies. clairvoyance. clairvoyants.
Correspondingly, what words end in Oy?
List all words ending with OY, sorted by length
- 3 letter words. boy8 coy8 foy8 goy7 hoy7 joy14
- 4 letter words. ahoy8 buoy10 cloy10 ploy10 troy6
- 5 letter words. alloy9 annoy9 decoy11 enjoy17 envoy12
- 6 letter words. batboy14 busboy15 carboy14 convoy16 cowboy17
- 7 letter words. attaboy12 bellboy17 callboy17 charpoy17 copyboy20
Secondly, what is the difference between OI and Oy? The difference is that oy is used at the end of English words. And oi is not used at the end of English words, because English words do not end with i. ow ou (although ou has two additional sounds) English words do not end with u. The difference is that oy is used at the end of English words.
Similarly, what is the rule for OI and Oy?
Oi or Oy: Use oi in the middle of a word and use oy at the end of a word. Examples: boil, soil, toil, boy, toy. Ou or Ow: Use ou in the middle of a word and use ow at the end of words other than those that end in n or d.
Are oi and oy diphthongs?
A diphthong (pronounced "dif-thong") is a combination of two vowels. The letter combinations “oi” and “oy” are diphthongs and sound alike. The “oi” spelling is usually found in the middle of words, and the “oy” spelling typically occurs at the end.