What was the most popular song in the 1960s?
- 1. " The Twist" - Chubby Checker.
- 2." Hey Jude" - The Beatles.
- 4." Tossin' And Turnin'" - Bobby Lewis.
- 5." I Want To Hold Your Hand" - The Beatles.
- 7." Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" - The 5th Dimension.
- 8." Sugar, Sugar" - The Archies.
- 9." I Heard It Through The Grapevine" - Marvin Gaye.
- 10." Are You Lonesome Tonight?" -
Besides, what was the 1960s number one song?
Number One Songs - 1960s
|SONG||ARTIST||CHART DEBUT DATE|
|Love Is Blue||Paul Mauriat And His Orchestra||1/6/1968|
|Cathy's Clown||The Everly Brothers||4/18/1960|
|My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own||Connie Francis||8/15/1960|
|Wonderland By Night||Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra||11/14/1960|
Likewise, what was the top 10 songs in 1969? Pop flashback: These were the top 10 songs this week in 1969
- Oliver "Jean"
- Bobby Sherman "Little Woman"
- Sly & The Family Stone "Hot Fun in the Summertime"
- Smith "Baby It's You"
- The Temptations "I Can't Get Next to You"
- The Archies "Sugar Sugar"
- The 5th Dimension "Wedding Bell Blues"
- Elvis Presley "Suspicious Minds"
Secondly, what was the popular music in the 1960s?
Towards the decade's end, genres such as Baroque pop, sunshine pop, bubblegum pop, and progressive rock started to grow popular, with the latter two finding greater success in the following decade. Furthermore, the 1960s saw funk and soul music rising in popularity; rhythm and blues in general remained popular.
How did people listen to music in the 60s?
Many people likely still had vacuum tube record players so you could buy tubes, test your old tubes in those record stores. For other types of listening to rock and popular songs, some radio stations played those popular songs all day long, with some talk in between.