What snacks pair with Merlot?
Similarly, what goes well with Merlot?
Merlot Food Pairing In general Merlot pairs well with chicken and other light meats as well as lightly-spiced dark meats. With medium tannin and not too much acidity you'll find Merlot pairs well with many foods. Juicy, cooler-climate Merlot wines pair well with roasted vegetables.
Similarly, what nibbles go with wine?
- Animal Crackers and Riesling. Classic and brilliant.
- Popcorn and Chardonnay.
- Toaster Pastries and Fizzy Rosé
- Pistachios and Pinot Noir.
- Corn Chips and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Mini Cupcakes and Moscato.
- Fruit Snacks and Fizzy Sangria.
- PB&J Sandwich and Fizzy Crisp White.
Correspondingly, what snacks go good with red wine?
Pairing Snacks and Wine
- Cheese Curls. Cabernet Sauvignon: Cheddar cheese pairs well with the wine's cherry and black currant flavors so could crunchy or puffy cheese curl snacks.
- Hummus Dip.
- Potato Chips.
- Tortilla Chips.
- Veggies and Dip.
Does Merlot pair with lamb?
When served alone and without any sauce to go with it, lamb can pair really well with a bold red wine with a smooth tannic structure, such as Syrah or Merlot. But because lamb meat in particular tends to take on the taste of the sauce it's cooked with, we need to go deeper than that if the meat is marinated.