What size sofa will fit through a 30 inch door?
Click to see full answer
Then, how do you fit a sofa through a small door?
Here are our top tips for moving a sofa through a doorway:
- If you're moving the sofa on a carpeted surface, place cardboard or a furniture-moving blanket on the floor to make sliding easier.
- Place an oversized furniture slider, or multiple small sliders on each corner, on the floor and rest your sofa on top.
Also Know, what size couch will fit through a 29 inch door? If the couch is either 29 inches high or deep, it can usually be moved horizontally through a door, since interior door openings are usually 29 1/4 inches wide and exterior door openings 35 inches wide, including door stops.
Beside this, how do I get my couch through a 30 inch door?
How to Get a Sofa Through a 31-Inch Doorway
- Remove the hinges from the door using a power screwdriver. Lift the door up and take it off the doorway.
- Lift the couch up and carry it over to the 31-inch doorway. Turn it slightly on its side to reduce its width.
- Take apart the sofa yourself if you can't get an angle for it to fit through the doorway.
How do I know what size sofa will fit through my door?
Open your door as wide as possible and measure the distance between the outer edge of the door to the inner edge of your doorframe at its narrowest point. Compare the width of your doorframe with the height of your sofa allowing some wiggle room either side.