What should you have to prepare for a hurricane?
Also question is, how should you prepare for a Hurricanes?
- Enter the season prepared.
- Know all evacuation routes if you live close to the coast.
- Make sure your home meets building codes for withstanding hurricanes, and they have storm shutters.
- Have proper tools, supplies, and a first aid kit.
- Have plenty of batteries and flashlights.
Likewise, how do you prepare your home for a hurricane? Prepare ahead of time with these hurricane season tips:
- Keep supplies handy.
- Unplug electronics – even if you have a surge protector.
- Check for leaks.
- Prepare for long-term outages.
- Trim trees and shrubbery.
- Clean gutters.
- Clear clutter.
- Secure your home.
In respect to this, what supplies should you have for a hurricane?
- Water: At least a 3-day supply; one gallon per person per day.
- Food: At least a 3-day supply of non-perishable, easy-to-prepare food.
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
What should you stock up on before a hurricane?
The 11 most crucial items to stock up on before a storm
- Bottled water. Image: junpinzon/Associated Press.
- Ready-to-eat canned foods. Campers know that canned food with a long shelf life is key.
- Instant coffee and tea bags.
- Pantry staples.
- High-energy foods.
- Chocolate bars and hard candy.
- Pet food.
- Specialty food for infants or the elderly.