What Shakespeare play is Aladdin based on?
|Disney's Aladdin character|
|First appearance||Aladdin (1992)|
|Created by||Will Finn John Musker Ron Clements Howard Ashman|
|Voiced by||Gilbert Gottfried (1992 film, The Return of Jafar, animated series, Aladdin and the King of Thieves) Alan Tudyk (2019 film)|
In respect to this, what Disney movies are based on Shakespeare plays?
Disney films based on his plays
- The Lion King (Hamlet)
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (Romeo and Juliet)
- Ten Things I Hate About You (The Taming of the Shrew)
- Gnomeo & Juliet (Romeo and Juliet)
- Strange Magic (A Midsummer Night's Dream)
- West Side Story (Romeo and Juliet)
Beside above, what Disney movie is based off Macbeth? The Lion King
Considering this, what Shakespeare play is Star Wars based on?
William Shakespeare's Star Wars (Verily, A New Hope) is a non-canon book by Ian Doescher. It was released on July 2, 2013. The book is a satirical retelling of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope written in the style of an Elizabethan-era play, specifically those penned by William Shakespeare.
What movies did Shakespeare inspire?
5 films you didn't know were inspired by Shakespeare
- 10 Things I Hate About You – 'The Taming Of The Shrew'
- The Lion King – 'Hamlet'
- Forbidden Planet – 'The Tempest'
- She's The Man – 'Twelfth Night'
- West Side Story – 'Romeo and Juliet'