What questions should I ask about IVF?
- Am I a candidate for “Mini IVF” or “Natural IVF”?
- What are my options for embryos that won't be used?
- How many eggs will you try to retrieve?
- Will you use a 3-day or 5-day transfer?
- Are my embryos, eggs and / sperm stored onsite or at another location?
- Should my embryos be frozen prior to transfer?
Click to see full answer
Considering this, what questions should I ask at my first fertility appointment?
Now, here are 10 good questions to ask your prospective RE at your first fertility clinic appointment:
- Which specific tests do you suggest myself and/or my partner undergo?
- What types of treatments or procedures does your clinic offer?
- What are my specific chances of getting pregnant?
Beside above, how many scans do you get during IVF? No matter what treatment protocol you are on you will need to have about 3 or 4 ultrasound scans from day 5 of the cycle to assess the growth of your follicles and assess whether the endometrium is thickening up.
Hereof, what can I expect at my first IVF consultation?
During the first meeting, you'll discuss your fertility and family medical history, your goals, and your options with the doctor. He or she will review what you can expect during the course of the three week or so IVF treatment.
How do I prepare for my first fertility appointment?
Before You Make Your Appointment
- Do your research about your doctor.
- If you are plus-size, check before your appointment if there are any BMI restrictions at the clinic you are interested in going to.
- Ask for initial consultation pricing and if the office takes any kind of insurance.