What plant do spiders hate?
- 1 – Peppermint. The crisp and unmistakable scent of peppermint is an excellent insect deterrent, and can be very effective in discouraging spiders from taking up residence.
- 2 – Basil. Another plant that you can add to that sunny window is basil.
- 3 – Lavender.
- 4 – Citronella.
- 5 – Lemon Balm.
- 6 – Chrysanthemum.
Also, which plants keep spiders away?
13 Plants That Keep Away Spiders
- Basil. Any variety of basil can keep away spiders, so feel free to keep a few pots around your garden, kitchen, and patio.
- Lavender. Everyone loves lavender – aside from spiders, that is.
- Lemon Balm.
Secondly, what is a natural way to get rid of spiders? Vinegar- Although harmless to humans, the acetic acid in vinegar is highly volatile to spiders. Mix a solution of 1 part vinegar and 1 part water. Spray on spider. Natural Scented Oils- Oils like eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, and rose oil not only effectively kill spiders and bugs, they prevent them from returning!
Then, what do spiders hate?
Spiders don't like the smell of citrus fruits like lemon, nor eucalyptus, tea tree and peppermint oils. Try rubbing lemon peel around windows and doors, or spray the other scents around them. Another smell they don't like is vinegar – although you might not like that scent either!
What is the best spider repellent?
Best Spider Repellents
- Wet & Forget Miss Muffet's Revenge Spider Killer & Repellent.
- Star Brite Natural Spider Repellent – Best spider repellents.
- Qwesen Ultrasonic Pest Repellent.
- Hot Shot Spider & Scorpion Killer.
- Ortho Home Defense Max Insect Killer Spray.
- Nantucket Spider Repellent For Homes.
- Pest Soldier Spider Repellent.