What makes learning Polish difficult?
Click to see full answer
Herein, is Polish really that hard?
Polish is considered to be one of the most difficult and hardest languages to learn. Some believe IT IS the hardest language to learn on Earth. It is the second widely used Slavic language after Russian and the largest West Slavic one in terms of the number of speakers.
Subsequently, question is, how long will it take to learn Polish? It takes two years, six months, twelve days, five hours and thirty three minutes. Thirty three minutes. I don't mean to get into semantics here but it totally depends on how you're defining fluent.
Herein, how can I learn Polish easily?
- Practice declension and conjugation in context.
- Immerse yourself in the Polish language. Reading practice. Listening practice. Pure audio content.
- Use frequency lists to identify valuable vocabulary.
- Learn better with spaced repetition.
- Practice speaking by chatting with Poles online.
- Try your hand at writing in Polish.
Is it worth to learn Polish?
Yes it is. In fact learning any language is always worthwhile, it keeps your brain active and opens up new pathways in your brain. Polish is a slavic language so learning it will open up a whole new array of languages, Russian included.