What makes a great bartender?
Click to see full answer
Also asked, what are the qualities of a good bartender?
Here are five traits that each of our bartenders have in abundance:
- 1) Knowledgeable about drinks. A professional must know their craft.
- 2) Maintains cleanliness.
- 3) Good customer service skills.
- 4) Great time management and memory.
- 5) Situational awareness.
Secondly, how do I get more tips as a bartender? Bartender Resource: 25 Smart Ways To Make Better Tips
- Remember a tipping 'golden rule': People tip people they like.
- Remember another tipping 'golden rule': Always provide extra value.
- And another 'golden rule': When some people receive genuine acts of kindness and generosity, they feel like they have to return that generosity.
- Always offer eye contact (in moderation).
Subsequently, one may also ask, what every bartender should know?
16 Cocktails Every Bartender Should Know
- Aperol Spritz. This wine-based Italian cocktail is currently trending here in the United States.
- Bloody Mary. A longtime brunch menu staple, the Bloody Mary is the ideal spicy antidote to those who prefer more of a savory sip than sweet.
- Dark 'n' Stormy.
- Dirty Martini.
- Long Island Iced Tea.
- Mai Tai.
What is a professional bartender?
A bartender (also known as a barkeep, barman, barmaid, bar chef, tapster, mixologist, alcohol server, cocktologist, flairman or an alcohol chef) is a person who formulates and serves alcoholic or soft drink beverages behind the bar, usually in a licensed establishment.