What is wye fitting?
Also asked, can you use a wye vertically?
They are only used to go from the horizontal to vertical plane. If used flat (horizontal) they are prone to clogging. You must use a long sweep or wye+? for horizontal DWV.
One may also ask, what is the difference between a sanitary tee and a vent tee? In some cases, a sanitary tee is used in place of a vent tee for plumbing vent lines—then, the branch sweeps upward instead. Sanitary tees are made for all types of drain-waste-vent pipe systems, whether cast iron, threaded, copper, or ABS plastic.
Moreover, what are the types of fittings?
Different Fitting Types
- Adapters. Brass Flare x MIPS Adapter. Adapters are used to extend runs, or to simply change the connection type at the end of a pipe.
- Caps & Plugs. PVC Cap.
- Couplings. Chrome Coupler.
- Elbows. Copper 90° Elbow.
- Flanges. Black Iron Floor Flange.
- Nipples. Chrome Pipe Nipple.
- Tees. Brass IPS Tee.
- Unions. CPVC Union.
What is a cleanout tee?
PVC DWV Flush Cleanout Tee. PVC fittings are for drain waste and vent. They are used in gravity-fed waste elimination systems and are for Non-Pressure systems where temperatures will not exceed 140°F.