What is Uniprim used for?
Similarly one may ask, how do you give a horse Uniprim?
Dosing & Administration
- One packet or two scoops of UNIPRIM treat a 1,100 lb horse.
- An adjusted dose is 1 teaspoon per 100 lbs.
- Administer once daily for 5 to 7 days.
- May be used alone or in conjunction with intravenous dosing.
- Water should be readily available during treatment.
Subsequently, question is, is Uniprim safe for pregnant mares? UNIPRIM ® Oral Powder should not be administered to pregnant mares as the effects of this product, when used as recommended, on the unborn foal have not been determined.
Accordingly, can you give Uniprim to cats?
Do not give 2 doses at once. This medication should only be given to the pet for whom it was prescribed. Possible Side Effects: Cats will drool excessively if allowed to taste the medication.
What are SMZS for horses?
Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim Tablets is a broad-spectrum horse antibiotic that is used to treat a wide variety of infections caused by susceptible organisms, including bacterial and protozoal infections. SMZ Tablets are an RX item only and requires an up-to-date prescription from a US Licensed Veterinarian.