What is tracing in ASP NET MVC?
Click to see full answer
In respect to this, what is debugging in ASP NET?
Debugging is the process of adding breakpoints to an application. These breakpoints are used to pause the execution of a running program. This allows the developer to understand what is happening in a program at a particular point in time.
One may also ask, how do I check trace logs? Procedure
- To view the trace log file, select Open Log Files > Trace File from the menu.
- To view the messages log file, select Open Log Files > Message Log File from the menu.
Also to know, what is debugging and tracing?
Debug and trace enables you to monitor the application for errors and exception with out VS.NET IDE. In Debug mode compiler inserts some debugging code inside the executable. Tracing is a process about getting information regarding program's execution. On the other hand debugging is about finding errors in the code.
How do I enable tracing?
- Start the administrative console.
- Click Troubleshooting > Logs and Trace in the console navigation tree, then click server > Diagnostic Trace.
- Select the Runtime tab.
- Select the Save runtime changes to configuration as well check box if you want to write your changes back to the server configuration.