What is the substitute for celery?
- jicama – one of the top celery substitutes.
- celery seeds.
- celery salt – top celery substitute.
- fennel stalks or fennel bulbs (the ultimate celery substitute)
- bok choy.
- celeriac – one of the essential celery substitutes.
- green apple (or more acidic apples)
People also ask, what can be used in place of celery?
Seven Delicious Ingredients That Substitute For Celery
- Bok Choy. Bok choy, a vegetable that's also called Chinese cabbage, is a well-known alternative to celery.
- Fennel. I'd never thought that this would be such a wonderful substitute for celery!
- Water Chestnuts.
- Broccoli Stems.
Similarly, what vegetable is similar to celery? The Best Five Celery Substitutes
- Bok Choy – The Chinese Cabbage.
- Fennel Stalks – The Overlooked Part of Fennel.
- Celeriac – Celery's First Cousin.
- Jicama – The Mexican Potato.
- Cardoon – Sweet Spiky Celery.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what can I use if I don't have celery?
Carrots can provide the classic crunch of celery - without the celery - in cooked and raw dishes. For a standard mirepoix substitute, simply double the amount of carrots you use.
Can you use bok choy instead of celery?
Bok Choy For raw and cooked dishes, you can use bok choy to substitute for celery. Most people prefer the taste of bok choy because it's not as bland as celery. Its taste is a bit similar to mushrooms.