What is the salary of a line cook?
Besides, how much should you pay a cook?
The bureau reports an average hourly wage of $11.25 for restaurant cooks, or $23,410 per year. Broken down by percentiles, the lowest-earning 25 percent were paid up to $8.96 per hour or $18,630 per year.
Secondly, what qualifications do you need to be a line cook? Line Cook qualifications and skills
- 4+ years' cooking and kitchen administration experience.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day.
- High level of professionalism.
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
Furthermore, what is the job of a line cook?
Line Cooks are in charge of prepping food and plating dishes according to a restaurant's menu specifications. Also known as a Prep Cook, they are assigned a specific place in the line, such as the grill or vegetable prep station. Duties include preparing food and maintaining sanitation standards.
Where do cooks get paid the most?
Detailed List Of Cook Salaries By State