What is the name of the type of alcohol in alcoholic beverages How is this drug produced?
Click to see full answer
Subsequently, one may also ask, what are the 4 types of alcohol?
- Main Types of Alcohols. Alcohols are differentiated based upon the presence of hydroxyl group attached.
- Recommended Videos.
- Primary Alcohols. Primary alcohols are those alcohols where the carbon atom of the hydroxyl group(OH) is attached to only one single alkyl group.
- Secondary Alcohols.
- Tertiary Alcohols.
One may also ask, what drug type is alcohol? Although classified as a depressant, the amount of alcohol consumed determines the type of effect. Most people drink for the stimulant effect, such as a beer or glass of wine taken to “loosen up.” But if a person consumes more than the body can handle, they then experience alcohol's depressant effect.
In respect to this, what different types of alcohol are made from?
Different Types of Alcoholic Drinks By Alcohol Content
- Beer. Beer is the most popular alcoholic beverage worldwide.
- Wine. Wine is another popular and ancient alcoholic beverage.
- Hard Cider. Hard cider is fermented apple juice.
What is alcohol's effect on the central nervous system?
Alcohol can affect several parts of the brain, but, in general, contracts brain tissues, destroys brain cells, as well as depresses the central nervous system. Excessive drinking over a prolonged period of time can cause serious problems with cognition and memory.