What is the latest Perl version?
Likewise, people ask, what version of Perl do I have?
On Windows, click Start -> Run, type cmd into the prompt, and click OK. At the command-line, type perl --version , hit Enter, and see if you get some output with a version number.
One may also ask, what is Pearl code? PEARL, or Process and experiment automation realtime language, is a computer programming language designed for multitasking and real-time programming. Being a high-level language, it is fairly cross-platform.
Considering this, which is better Strawberry Perl vs ActivePerl?
Strawberry Perl uses CPAN, which means that you are up to date as far as modules are concerned. I think Strawberry Perl also comes with a few modules that let you install PPMs (Perl Package Manager files). ActivePerl installs modules using its own format called PPM (Perl Package Manager).
How do I run Perl on Windows 10?
Installing Perl on Windows (32 and 64 bit)
- Make sure you do not have any version of Perl already installed. (
- Download and install Padre, the Perl IDE/editor (Strawberry Perl version 5.12.
- Log out and back in (or reboot)
- Go to your start menu, then click the "Perl command" link.
- To confirm the installation worked type: perl -v.