What is the biggest medical breakthrough?
- A blood test for breast cancer.
- A new cystic fibrosis find.
- A promising Alzheimer's drug.
- Crispr for everything.
- Another sickle cell breakthrough.
- Peanut allergy promise.
Click to see full answer
Also asked, what is the greatest medical breakthrough?
10 Breakthrough Moments in Medicine
- Antibiotics and Their Incalculable Impact.
- The World-Changing Application of Germ Theory.
- Prevention, Not Treatment.
- A Big Dig Through Data Uncovers Epidemiology — and a Cesspool.
- The Ugly Face of War Leads to Modern Plastic Surgery.
- Making Blood Transfusions Work, Finally.
Furthermore, what are the most important medical discoveries? Greatest medical discoveries in the past 100 years
- Antibiotics: 1929. Antibiotics represent the pinnacle of human ingenuity, and are—in part—responsible for the prosperity experienced in developed countries across the world.
- Tissue culture: 1949.
- Risks of smoking: 1950.
- Antipsychotics: 1952.
- DNA: 1953.
- Immunology: 1958.
- Oral rehydration therapy: 1960s–1970s.
In respect to this, what is the latest medical breakthrough?
Immunotherapy is the next big breakthrough in cancer treatment and, according to the report, “will become the cornerstone of oncology and, impressively, will likely apply to almost all types of cancers”. By stimulating or suppressing an immune response, the therapy uses the body's own immune system to fight disease.
What medical advances allowed people to live longer?
Here are some examples of some breakthrough technology that could have exciting applications in the near future.
- Helpful robots »
- New cancer vaccines »
- Stereotactic radiosurgery »
- Wearable sensors »
- New genetic ways to fight superbugs »
- Super smart food scanners »