What is the best tasting bacon?
- Top Pick: Trader Joe's Uncured Apple Smoked.
- D'Artagnan Uncured Applewood Smoked.
- Tender Belly Dry Cured Maple Bacon.
- Applegate Farms Hickory Smoked Uncured Sunday Bacon.
- Trader Joe's Classic Sliced Dry Rubbed All Natural Uncured Bacon.
- Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon.
- D'Artagnan Uncured Hickory Smoked.
Click to see full answer
Moreover, what is the best bacon on the market?
Market Pantry Hardwood Smoked Classic Cut ($5, 16 ounces)
Additionally, which is better for you bacon or ham? As per my opinion Canadian bacon is healthy than ham. Canadian bacon is having few calories, low cholesterol and lower in carbohydrates than ham. Also contains protein, slightly more saturated fat than ham. Ham contains honey or sugar, more Vitamin C and calcium than Canadian bacon.
Keeping this in consideration, what kind of bacon is healthy?
Bacon Options (from highest to lowest in fat)
|Total Calories||Fat (g)|
|Hormel Center Cut, 4 slices||140||4|
|Hickory Smoked Bacon, 3 slices||120||3.8|
|Oscar Mayer Center Cut Naturally Smoked, 6 slices||120||3|
|Farmer John Premium, 3 slices||105||4.5|
How can I get the best bacon?
Look for Center Cut Bacon When you do purchase bacon from the refrigerated section of the store, look for bacon that is labeled center cut. This bacon comes from the leaner and more meaty section of the pork belly. More meat and less fat is a good thing. Most major bacon producers will have a center cut version.