What is standardized test PDF?
Click to see full answer
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is a standardized test score?
A Note About the Use of Standardized Test Scores A standardized test score is a measurement of a test-taker's knowledge of a subject or a set of skills that can be used as a basis for comparison, but only if used properly.
One may also ask, what are two types of standardized tests? The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and the American College Testing (ACT) are different types of standardized tests intended to assess students' readiness for college. The SAT and ACT generally test the same types of content, and both scores are used for college admissions and merit-based scholarships.
Secondly, what is the purpose of a standardized test?
Standardized testing allows for comparisons to be made among schools in regards to student achievement, ensures accountability for teachers, and has the ability to inform instruction for educators. These important reasons show why standardized testing is one of the hottest topics in education.
What are examples of standardized tests?
List of Standardized Tests
- ISEE: Independent School Entrance Examination.
- SSAT: Secondary School Admission Test.
- HSPT: High School Placement Test.
- SHSAT: Specialized High School Admissions Test.
- COOP: Cooperative Admissions Examination Program.
- PSAT: Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test.
- GED: General Educational Development Test.