What is SQL Server 2017 Developer?
Also know, what is SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition?
The installation of SQL Server 2017 is pretty straight forward and very similar to previous versions of SQL Server. SQL Server 2017 developer version is full featured free edition, which you can use on your development and test database (but not on production database).
Secondly, is SQL Server 2017 free? Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express is a free, feature-rich editions of SQL Server that is ideal for learning, developing, powering desktop, web & small server applications, and for redistribution by ISVs.
Similarly one may ask, what is the version of SQL Server 2017?
SQL Server 2017 cumulative update (CU) builds
|Cumulative update name||SQL Server product version||Analysis Services product version|
|CU19 (Latest build)||14.0.3281.6||22.214.171.124|
How do I use SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition?
One Way to Install SQL Server 2017 Developer Edition
- Open setup.exe:
- Pay attention on the Product Key page.
- Accept the license terms:
- Select (or don't select) to Use Microsoft Updates:
- Check and address (if required) Installation Rules:
- Select options and set directories:
- Select the default instance or provide a name for a named instance:
- Review Server configuration: