What is in Bokashi mix?
Similarly, it is asked, how do you make Bokashi mix?
- Dissolve the molasses in the water.
- Add EM-1 to the water mix.
- Pour dry flake material into the mixing container.
- Add 2/3 of the water mixture to the flake material and mix it together.
- Squeeze a handful of flakes together.
Additionally, what is Bokashi bran made of? Our premium bokashi compost accelerator (bran) is a careful mix of EM (essential microbes), water, sugar and bran. Each of these ingredients plays a critical role in building a healthy environment for the bokashi microbes to thrive.
Secondly, what goes in Bokashi?
The scraps you can put in your Bokashi Bin include:
- All fruit and vegetable scraps (raw and cooked)
- Seeds and nuts.
- Eggshells (give them a bit of a squash to break them up)
- Meat and Fish.
- Bread, cakes, crackers etc.
- Cooked food (rice, pizza crusts etc.)
- Coffee grounds tea leaves and tea bags.
- Paper products like tissues.
What is Bokashi and why do we use it?
Bokashi is a an anaerobic fermentation composting method. The advantage of the bokashi system is that it allows ALL food waste to be composted. When added to food-waste in an anaerobic digester these microbes work in symbiosis to ferment the waste thus preventing rotting and ridding it of pathogenic bacteria.