What is h2 embedded database?
Click to see full answer
Considering this, how do I use h2 embedded database?
To use it in embedded mode, you need to:
- Add the h2*. jar to the classpath (H2 does not have any dependencies)
- Use the JDBC driver class: org. h2. Driver.
- The database URL jdbc:h2:~/test opens the database test in your user home directory.
- A new database is automatically created.
Also Know, how can I see my h2 database in my browser? Accessing H2 console. Start the spring boot application and access the console in browser with URL : http://localhost:8080/h2 . We can see the console like this. Now enter the configured username and password.
Simply so, how does h2 database work?
- H2 is open source, free to use and distribute.
- Download: jar, installer (Windows), zip.
- To start the H2 Console tool, double click the jar file, or run java -jar h2*. jar , h2. bat , or h2.sh .
- A new database is automatically created by default.
- Closing the last connection closes the database.
Is h2 database persistent?
H2 is an open source database and is written in Java. It is very fast and of very small size. It is primarily used as an in-memory database which means it stores the data in memory and will not persist data on disk.