What is Brantford famous for?
Similarly, you may ask, is Brantford safe?
We have young kids and there is a great family vibe in West Brant. Others have said Brantford isn't safe - while it certainly has its problems, its nothing you wouldn't find in Toronto, Hamilton, London or Windsor.
Beside above, is Brantford a good place to invest? MK: Absolutely. MoneySense magazine ranked Brantford as the 3rd best city in Canada to invest in. Only Oshawa and Guelph came in ahead, but that will probably change over the coming years as property values in those two cities are quickly skyrocketing. On top of that is the incredible rental market in Brantford.
Subsequently, one may also ask, why is Brantford known as the Telephone City?
Brantford is nicknamed Telephone City because it is where Alexander Graham Bell worked on the invention of the telephone at his home. In August 1876, Bell made the first long-distance call to Paris, Ontario, 11 km away.
What is there to do in Brantford today?
Top Attractions in Brantford
- Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre. 82 reviews.
- Bell Homestead. 127 reviews.
- Brantford Twin Valley Zoo. 249 reviews.
- Glenhyrst Art Gallery and Gardens. 101 reviews.
- Brantwood Farms. 57 reviews.
- SC Johnson Trail. 52 reviews.
- Sanderson Centre for the Performing Arts. 101 reviews.
- Canadian Military Heritage Museum.