What is annotation strategy?
Besides, what are some annotation strategies?
Or other digital texts. Most digital reading platforms include a number of tools that make annotation easy. These include highlighters, text comments, sticky notes, mark up tools for underlining, circling, or drawing boxes, and many more.
Similarly, what is the purpose of annotations? Annotation includes adding purposeful notes, key words and phrases, definitions, and connections tied to specific sections of text. Annotating text promotes student interest in reading and gives learners a focused purpose for writing.
In respect to this, how do you annotate?
The following is a list of some techniques that you can use to annotate text:
- Underline important terms.
- Circle definitions and meanings.
- Write key words and definitions in the margin.
- Signal where important information can be found with key words or symbols in the margin.
How do you annotate a text for close reading?
Teach Students the Purpose of Annotating
- focus on what they are reading.
- understand details of a text, including complex or difficult to understand details.
- keep track of their thoughts and feelings about a texts and its details.
- keep track of important details.
- prepare for discussion.
- prepare to write about a text.