What is an ortho glass splint?
Hereof, what is Ortho glass used for?
ORTHO-GLASS® is an easy to handle and extremly versatile splinting system. Its quick setting time and ultra conformability fulfills the demands of modern users for a fast, secure and easy splinting solution. ORTHO-GLASS® – your unique “splint to go”.
Additionally, what are the 4 types of splints?
- Hand & Finger Splints: Ulnar Gutter & Radial Gutter.
- Hand & Finger Splints: Thumb Spica & Finger.
- Forearm & Wrist Splints: Volar/Dorsal & Single Sugar-Tong.
- Elbow & Forearm Splints: Long Arm Posterior & Double Sugar-Tong.
- Knee Splints: Posterior Knee & Off-The-Shelf Immobilizer.
Also question is, what is Ortho glass made of?
Composition: ORTHO-GLASS / DYNACAST PRELUDE Splinting System is composed by a multi-layered knitted fibre glass substrate impregnated with a polyurethane resin. In its hardened state the resin contains a very low volatility form of diisocyanate (chemical name 1,1-Methylenebis isocyanatobenzene), commonly referred.
Do you have to wet Ortho glass?
Activating Your Splinting Material: Prefabricated splints such as Ortho-Glass should not be submerged as it only requires a minimal amount of cool water to activate the material. The purpose of applying water to a splint material is to activate it. Doing so will cause an exothermic reaction while the material hardens.