What is a simile for Scared?
Considering this, what are some similes for Scared?
|Scared like a wild bird flies. —R. D. Blackmore||1|
|Scared, like to a man that with a ghost was marred. —William Dunbar||2|
|Scared as a jack-rabbit that has heard the howl of a wolf. —Alfred Henry Lewis||3|
|Scared look, like a bird's driven right into the fowler's nest. —Dinah Maria Mulock||4|
Secondly, what is this word scared? Definition of scared. : thrown into or being in a state of fear, fright, or panic scared of snakes scared to go out.
Moreover, how do you describe being scared?
20 Ways to Talk About Being Scared
- afraid of your own shadow – nervous/timid/easily frightened.
- shaking like a leaf – to tremble with fear.
- quaking in your boots – trembling with fear.
- heebie jeebies – a state of fear/discomfort/nervousness.
- scared out of one's wits – extremely frightened.
- scared stiff – extremely frightened.
What is a simile for happy?
For example, the most common happiness simile is "She/He was as happy as a clam at high tide!" This simile derives its origin from the fact that open clams give off the appearance of grinning or smiling, making them look as though they are "happy" as well as the fact that at high tide, clams are less likely to be