What is a fireplace key?
Similarly, what size is a fireplace key?
Regardless of which size you choose, these universal keys will fit both 1/4 inch and 5/16 inch stems on any of the gas ball valves that we offer.
Similarly, how do I turn on my fireplace? Method 2 of 3: Igniting with a Fireplace Key
- Look over the user manual included with your fireplace.
- Remove your fireplace's outer cover.
- Put a fireplace key into the device's gas valve knob.
- Hold a long lighter up to the burner and ignite it.
- Turn the gas key.
- Replace the fireplace's outer cover immediately.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you start a fireplace without a key?
When learning how to turn on a gas fireplace without a key, confirm that the unit has a control panel with an igniter switch. Remove any fireplace decoration that's in the way. Control panels can usually be found at or around the base of the fireplace, concealed by a decorative screen that should be moved.
How do I turn off my gas fireplace key?
When you are done using the gas fireplace, insert the key into the keyhole and turn it clockwise until it no longer turns to turn off the gas and extinguishe the flame. Some older gas fireplaces have keys.