What good is sauerkraut?
Then, what are the health benefits of sauerkraut?
8 Surprising Benefits of Sauerkraut (plus how to make it)
- Sauerkraut Is Very Nutritious. Sauerkraut contains many nutrients important for optimal health.
- Improves Your Digestion.
- Boosts Your Immune System.
- May Help You Lose Weight.
- Helps Reduce Stress and Maintain Brain Health.
- May Promote Heart Health.
- Contributes to Stronger Bones.
Likewise, is canned sauerkraut good for you? Sauerkraut contains far more lactobacillus than yogurt, making it a superior source of this probiotic. Most canned sauerkraut has been pasteurized, which kills off the good bacteria. Purchase fresh sauerkraut (made without vinegar) to reap all the health benefits.
One may also ask, what is sauerkraut good to eat with?
Sauerkraut can be added to soups and stews, cooked with stock, beer or wine, with sausages or salted meats, and is especially good served with smoked fish like hot-smoked salmon.
How much sauerkraut should I eat daily?
According to personal clinical experience, regular intake of small doses of sauerkraut—7 g to 10 g (or about 1 T) daily—has a very good effect on many patients' gastrointestinal tract. They report better digestion and less constipation.