What foods can be canned in a water bath?
- Fruits and fruit juices.
- Jams and jellies.
- Pickles and relishes.
- Chutneys, sauces, pie fillings.
Click to see full answer
Furthermore, what foods are safe for water bath canning?
There are two safe ways of processing food, the boiling water bath method and the pressure canner method:
- The boiling water bath method is safe for tomatoes, fruits, jams, jellies, pickles and other preserves.
- Pressure canning is the only safe method of preserving vegetables, meats, poultry and seafood.
Additionally, what foods can be canned? Canning Directions and Recipes for Specific Foods
- Fruits (includes canned pie fillings)
- Tomatoes and Tomato Products (includes Salsa)
- Vegetables (includes soups)
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pickles and Fermented Products.
Regarding this, what can I can in a water bath?
21 Foods To Preserve Using a Water Bath Canner
- Peaches. Peaches are one of my very favorite things to can each summer- and they are great for water bath canning!
- Pears. Like peaches, pears are a great starter food to can in a water bath canner.
Can you can meat in a water bath?
Yes, in the “old days” people did can meat in a boiling water bath for 3 hours, but this was NEVER SAFE and people always risked food poisoning by doing this. You must use a pressure canner to home can meat. Meat may be canned in quarts, pints, or half-pint jars. I usually do some in each size.