What factors affect cell division?
- Availability of raw materials can affect cell division.
- Radiation can change DNA molecules.
- Toxins can damage cell DNA.
- Viruses replicate by hijacking a cell's metabolism to make copies of the virus, but viruses can also affect cell DNA.
Also know, what factors affect mitosis?
FACTORS THAT AFFECT MITOSIS
- Growth & Repair. After an injury many cells are replaced in order to repair the damage.
- Nutrient availability. Nutrients are needed as a source of energy and as building blocks.
- Cell Type & Location. Body tissues that are replaced frequently have a higher rate of mitosis.
- Enzyme Activity.
Beside above, what factors control and regulate cell division? Positive Regulation of the Cell Cycle Two groups of proteins, called cyclins and cyclin-dependent kinases (Cdks), are responsible for the progress of the cell through the various checkpoints.
Besides, what are three factors that control cell division?
The cell cycle is controlled by many cell cycle control factors, namely cyclins, cyclin-dependent kinases (Cdks) and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (CKIs). Cyclins and Cdks, which are positive regulators of the cell cycle, activate cell cycle factors that are essential for the start of the next cell cycle phase.
What are 3 main ways that cells maintain control over division?
Organ and body size are therefore determined by three fundamental processes: cell growth, cell division, and cell death. Each is independently regulated—both by intracellular programs and by extracellular signal molecules that control these programs.