What does triband mean?
Click to see full answer
Likewise, people ask, what is the benefit of a tri band router?
However, the real benefit oftriple-band routers is to efficiently handle multipledevices connected to a wireless network, not to significantly boostthroughput beyond 1300Mbps at 5GHz. A dual-band routeroffers two wireless networks: one operating on the 2.4GHzband and the other on 5GHz.
Secondly, should I use 2.4 or 5GHz on my router? The primary differences between the 2.4 GHz and5GHz wireless frequencies are range and bandwidth.5GHz provides faster data rates at a shorter distance.2.4GHz offers coverage for farther distances, but mayperform at slower speeds. Range : how far your data cantravel.
Also asked, what do router numbers mean?
In theory, the higher the number, the faster yourinternet speed — but don't get too caught up here. The“AC” refers to the wireless standard, while thenumber refers to the speed. For example, a routerwith a maximum link rate of 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and1,300Mbps on the 5GHz band is considered an AC1750router.
What is the best Tri Band WiFi router?
- NETGEAR (R8000-100NAS) Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFiRouter.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 802.11ac/ad Quad-Stream WiFiRouter.
- TP-Link AC5400 Wireless Wi-Fi MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router.
- Linksys Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wireless Smart WiFiRouter (EA9500)
- ASUS AC5300 Tri-Band WiFi Gaming Router (RT-AC5300)