What does it mean when the ignition switch is turned to lock?
Subsequently, one may also ask, what happens when the ignition switch is turned to lock?
- Turn the ignition switch to "LOCK" and remove the key. This locks both the ignition switch and steering control. Removing the key from the ignition switch while driving locks the steering. This can cause you to lose control.
Also, what are the 4 positions of the key ignition switch? There are different ignition switch positions in a car. The traditional vehicles with standard ignition system have four key positions.
What Happens When You Turn On The Ignition Switch In A Car?
- Lock – First Position.
- Accessory/ Acc – Second Position.
- ON Or Ignition – Third Position.
- Start – Fourth Position.
Consequently, what does it mean to lock the ignition?
Noun. 1. ignition lock - a restraint incorporated into the ignition switch to prevent the use of a vehicle by persons who do not have the key. lock. ignition switch - switch that operates a solenoid that closes a circuit to operate the starter.
How do I know if my ignition switch is bad?
Auto Electric: Ignition Switch Problems
- Car Fails to Start. One of the most obvious signs of a failing or faulty ignition switch is if the car won't start when the key is turned.
- Key will not Turn. If you cannot easily turn the key in the ignition you may have a bad ignition switch.
- Vehicle Stalls.
- No Noise from the Starter Motor.
- Dashboard Lights Flicker.