What does augmented mean in medicine?
Click to see full answer
Moreover, what does augment mean in medical terms?
Medical Definition of augment : to increase in size, amount, degree, or severity diabetes mellitus is augmented by hyperthyroidism— C. H. Thienes.
Similarly, how do you use augmented in a sentence? Sentence Examples
- The budget was augmented by various donations.
- We need to augment the ring to five.
- The goal is to augment social interactions during collaborative learning.
- The game was augmented by the addition of a small black dart.
- The plan is to augment present capabilities for treating excited states.
Also to know is, what does the word augmented?
to make larger; enlarge in size, number, strength, or extent; increase: His salary is augmented by a small inheritance. Music. to raise (the upper note of an interval or chord) by a half step.
Can humans be augmented?
Existing technologies Three forms of human enhancement currently exist: reproductive, physical, and mental. Reproductive enhancements include embryo selection by preimplantation genetic diagnosis, cytoplasmic transfer, and in vitro-generated gametes.