What do you feed a Venus fly trap plant?
Simply so, can you feed a Venus fly trap dead bugs?
Feeding Venus Flytrap The prey must be alive when caught. Dead flies won't work in Venus flytrap feeding; the insect must move around inside the trap or the trap cannot consume and digest it.
Furthermore, do you have to feed each Venus Fly Trap? You do not need to fertilize your Venus' fly trap; it prefers a lean diet. Do not feed your Venus' fly trap meat! Live prey, such as such as flies, spiders, crickets, slugs and caterpillars, are a Venus' fly trap's favorite food.
Simply so, how often should I feed my Venus Fly Trap?
Don't overfeed your Venus Fly Trap! Ideally, your Venus Fly Trap needs to eat once every other week. This means only one trap on the entire plant should be fed in that time!
How do you take care of a Venus fly trap plant?
How to Care for a Venus Flytrap
- Grow them in a plastic pot with good drainage.
- Use a 1:1 mixture of peat moss, and horticultural sand or gravel.
- Water them with distilled water or rainwater, not tap water.
- Give them 12 hours of direct sunlight.
- Feed them small insects if they appear unhealthy.