What do Mexicans say when shots?
Subsequently, one may also ask, what do Mexicans say when taking shots?
The Mexican Tequila Toast is a common saying when consuming any drink in Mexico and especially Tequila!
Enjoy your Tequila with friends!
- Arriba (glasses up)
- Abajo (glasses down)
- Al Centro (glasses to the front – health for all of you!)
- Y Pa'dentro (inside) as the end and drink your Tequila!
Also, how do you ask for a shot of tequila in Spanish? Regarding how we say “a shot of alcohol” in Spanish:
- Un trago (de alcohol)
- Un caballito (tequila comes to mind)
- Un chupito (I think this is used in Spain?)
- Un sorbo (more like a sip)
Similarly, you may ask, what do Mexicans call beer?
Chela/Cheve (beer) Chela and cheve are both slang words for beer, although cheve is used more in the north of Mexico.
How do you do a tequila shot?
- Lick the skin between your thumb and forefinger or the back of your hand.
- Sprinkle a small pinch of salt onto the area.
- Hold one slice of lime/lemon with your thumb and index finger, using the same hand that contains the salt.
- Breathe out, lick the salt, down your tequila shot and bite the lime.