What do I need for a pumpkin carving party?
- Pumpkin carving kits.
- Newspaper or butcher paper (to carve on)
- Paper towels or clean rags (for wiping goopy hands)
- Big bowls to collect the seeds.
- Paper templates (optional)
- Tea lights and matches.
Click to see full answer
Consequently, what is the best tool for carving pumpkins?
- A serrated knife works well for creating a hole in the pumpkin.
- A large metal spoon or ice cream scoop is great for removing the pumpkin seeds.
- Small, paring knives are great for carving designs into the pumpkin.
- The candle-free options are nearly endless for showcasing your pumpkin designs.
Additionally, how do you win the pumpkin carving contest? How to Win Pumpkin Carving Contests for Halloween
- Read the Rules Thoroughly.
- Come Up with a Concept for Your Pumpkin Carving.
- Pick the Right Pumpkin for Your Design.
- Prepare Your Pumpkin for Carving.
- Get the Right Carving Tools.
- Remove the Seeds and Pulp from the Pumpkin.
- Carve Your Pattern.
- Preserve Your Jack-o-Lantern.
Furthermore, how do you carve a perfect pumpkin?
If you're still in need of some inspiration, take a look at our best pumpkin carving ideas.
- Start with the right pumpkin.
- Cut from the bottom, not the top.
- If you do carve from the top, cut out the lid on an angle.
- Scoop out all the pulp (and then some).
- Sketch out your design on paper first.
How do you judge a pumpkin carving contest?
*JUDGING CRITERIA: ORIGINALITY; INGENIOUS USE OF PUMPKIN; QUALITY OF WORK; SUITABILITY OF THE TITLE & QUALITY OF WORK IN LIGHT OF THE PARTICIPANT'S AGE.