What Civil War battles were fought in 1862?
- Fort Henry And Fort Donelson. February 1862. In early 1862, Major General Ulysses S.
- Pea Ridge (Elkhorn Tavern) March 7-8, 1862.
- Shiloh. April 6-7, 1862.
- Jackson's Valley Campaign. May – June 1862.
- Seven Days' Battles. June 25 – July 1, 1862.
- Second Manassas (Bull Run) Aug.
- Antietam (Sharpsburg) Sept.
- Fredericksburg. Dec.
Simply so, what Civil War battle happened in 1862?
Battle of Antietam
Beside above, where was the last battle fought in 1862? The Battle of Antietam, also called the Battle of Sharpsburg, occurred on September 17, 1862, at Antietam Creek near Sharpsburg, Maryland.
Besides, what battles were fought in the Civil War?
Defining Battles of the Civil War. The United States Civil War, fought between 1861 and 1865, featured many major and minor engagements, and military actions. Among the most significant were the First Battle of Bull Run, the Battle of Shiloh, the Battle of Antietam, the Battle of Gettysburg, and the Vicksburg Campaign.
What two great forces entered the war in 1862?
The war in 1862. The year 1862 marked a major turning point in the war, especially the war in the East, as Lee took command of the Confederate army, which he promptly renamed the Army of Northern Virginia.