What city is Goodfellow AFB in?
Then, how big is Goodfellow AFB?
Goodfellow air force base was established in August 1940 under the designation San Angelo Air Corps Flying School. Built on a 1,002 acre site, the base was ready for occupation by January 1941. It was renamed as Goodfellow Field in June 1941 in the honour of World War I martyr John Goodfellow.
Furthermore, what airport is closest to Goodfellow AFB? Nearest major airport to Goodfellow Air Force Base: San Angelo Regional Airport (SJT / KSJT)
One may also ask, how far is Goodfellow AFB from San Angelo airport?
The total driving distance from SJT to Goodfellow Air Force Base is 12 miles or 19 kilometers. Your trip begins at San Angelo Regional Airport in San Angelo, Texas. It ends in San Angelo, Texas.
Where are the military bases in Texas?
Texas Military Bases
- Brooks City Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
- Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, TX.
- Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo, TX.
- Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX.
- Laughlin Air Force Base in Del Rio, TX.
- Randolph Air Force Base in Universal City, TX.
- Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, TX.