What causes alligator skin on legs?
Similarly, how do you get rid of alligator skin on your legs?
7 Ways to Help Cure Your Winter Alligator Skin
- Drink more water. An easy way to get rid of your alligator skin is to literally add more moisture to your body by drinking water.
- Stop the steaming hot showers.
- Use the right soap.
- Ditch that scratchy mesh sponge (maybe)
- Don't completely dry off after a shower.
- Moisturize at the right time.
- Try a humidifier.
One may also ask, why do my legs look like snakeskin? Ichthyosis vulgaris is an inherited or acquired skin condition that occurs when the skin doesn't shed its dead skin cells. This causes dry, dead skin cells to accumulate in patches on the surface of the skin.
Thereof, what causes dry scaly skin on lower legs?
Allergic dermatitis happens when skin comes into contact with a substance that triggers the immune system to overreact. On the legs, this could be a body wash, something from the outdoors, pets, or anything that causes an allergic reaction. For some, the reaction can mean dry, cracked, or scaly skin.
Why is the skin on my legs so dry?
According to Joanna Vargas, dry skin on your legs can be caused by a number of things like sun exposure, lack of exfoliation, dry weather, and even airplane travel. Too-hot showers or scented lotions (which usually contain alcohol) can also dry out your skin.