What can you add to tomato soup?
Click to see full answer
Beside this, what can you add to canned tomato soup?
Add a can of diced tomatoes, a bit of cream, and torn fresh basil leaves. Swirl some red wine vinegar into the soup and serve with a stack of mozzarella and fresh basil leaves on a toasted baguette. Add a drizzle of pesto (homemade or store bought) and finish with toasted pine nuts and croutons.
Also, what goes well with tomato soup? 12 Grilled Cheese Recipes to Pair With Tomato Soup
- Grilled cheese rolls.
- Spinach, goat cheese & avocado grilled cheese.
- Ultimate nacho grilled cheese recipe.
- White pizza grilled cheese.
- Grilled cheese sandwich with Brie & red onion marmalade.
- Hawaiian grilled cheese.
- Apple-butter grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Hot Buffalo chicken & bacon grilled cheese.
In respect to this, what can I add to tomato soup to make it taste better?
1. Add herbs. This probably isn't a surprise, as basil and tomatoes are a delicious duo. But think beyond basil — rosemary and thyme can add earthiness; chives and parsley showered on top add a fresh finish; even freshly chopped mint (maybe with some feta cheese) can add a refreshing pop of flavor to every spoonful.
How can I make canned soup taste better?
Sometimes all a soup needs is a little extra salt or pepper, but usually it needs more. Try adding minced garlic or fresh basil, parsley, or rosemary to your soup—whatever's available. Acid is also a great idea. To make canned soup more gourmet, squeeze in some lemon juice or top it with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.