What can I use instead of a screen protector?
Click to see full answer
Simply so, do I really need a screen protector?
Many people still buy screen protectors to protect those screens, but they've become less necessary. Screen protectors were once practically mandatory, but advances in glass and coatings have made them unnecessary for most people. You don't have to buy a screen protector when you get a new phone.
Likewise, is it bad to put tape on your phone screen? Keep your fingers safe by using packing tape If you're planning to replace your broken smartphone screen, adding a couple of layers of clear packing tape will help keep glass shards from going everywhere. It will also keep the glass from cutting your fingers when you try to use your smartphone!
Additionally, which type of screen protector is best?
- Best Overall: IQ Shield LiQuidSkin Galaxy S8 Screen Protector.
- Runner-Up, Best Overall: Ringke Invisible Defender Galaxy S8 Screen Protector.
- Best Budget: Skinomi TechSkin Galaxy S8 Screen Protector.
- Best for LG V30: Bisen LGV30 Screen Protector.
- Best for Google Pixel 2: amFilm Google Pixel 2 Screen Protector.
Can I use plastic wrap as a screen protector?
To use food plastic wrap as a screen protector takes extreme caution as it involve cutting the plastic wrapper while it's stretched on your gadget. Stretch it on top of your phone's screen and with a soft cloth stick it to the screen and move out any air bulbs.