What can I spray to keep termites away?
Similarly, what can I use to keep termites away?
Apply Pest Repellent in Appropriate Places Fortunately for you, termites hate it. If you add about 1 tablespoon of permethrin to a gallon of paint, wallpaper glue or wood polish while you are either building or repainting your house, this will keep termites away for good.
One may also ask, how do you treat termites at home? Natural Termite Control
- Use a wet cardboard trap. If you have some corrugated boxes in your garage or storage closet, then you've got the perfect termite trap.
- Let the sun work its magic. Sunlight will typically kill termites.
- Use nematodes.
- Remove mulch from around the home.
Consequently, what smell do termites hate?
Orange oil has been explored as a natural remedy for killing termites. Orange oil is an eco-friendly alternative termite control method made from orange rinds. The oil kills termites instantly but is harmless to people and pets. It also doesn't have a toxic odor like many chemicals do, and it is biodegradable.
How do I protect my house from termites?
Protecting your Home Against Termites
- Eliminate wood in contact with the ground.
- Do not let moisture accumulate near the foundation.
- Reduce moisture and humidity in crawl spaces.
- Never store firewood or wood debris against foundations or inside crawlspaces.
- Use mulch sparingly, especially if you already have termites or other conducive conditions.