What can I do with extra asparagus?
- Asparagus, photo from Wikepedia.
- Asparagus Frittata -but just about any leftover vegetables can go in a frittata.
- Salmon & Asparagus Hash with Hollandaise Sauce.
- Grilled Asparagus and Quinoa Salad.
- Marinated Asparagus.
- Asparagus Risotto.
- Pickled Asparagus, easy recipe, refrigerator pickle.
Similarly, what can I do with lots of asparagus?
39 Amazing Ways to Use Asparagus
- Wraps, Sandwiches + Rolls. Asparagus and Avocado Spring Rolls with Citrus Dipping Sauce. Shiitake Panini with Roasted Asparagus Pesto.
- Soups. Curried Asparagus Soup. Asparagus Pale Ale Soup [The Beeroness]
- Quiches, Frittatas + Tarts. Quinoa-Crusted Mini-Quiches [The Muffin Myth] Cheesy Asparagus Frittata [Diethood]
Beside above, what should I eat with asparagus?
- steamed or grilled salmon (this is seen a lot as a pairing)
- all sorts of fish dishes including haddock, cod, plaice, fish cakes etc.
- chicken casseroles, roast chicken pieces,
- Beef casseroles and stews e.g. steak & kidney, braising steak, oxtail.
Hereof, can you freeze fresh asparagus spears?
For packaged freezing, place spears into freezer bags and remove as much air as possible. Don't overpack bags, but work to keep spears in a single layer for quickest freezing. Freeze bags as flatly as possible. Once bags are frozen, pack them into your freezer to maximize space use.
What Flavours go with asparagus?
Here are some flavor variations to try with asparagus this spring.
- Selection, Storage and Prep.
- Roasted Garlic-Lemon Asparagus.
- Asparagus with Vegan Hollandaise Sauce.
- Lemon and Tahini Asparagus.
- Asparagus with Fennel and Orange.
- Soy Maple-Glazed Asparagus with Lemon and Thyme.
- Asparagus with Tarragon or Dill Butter.