What can I brush my dog's teeth with instead of toothpaste?
Click to see full answer
Regarding this, what can I use as a substitute for dog toothpaste?
HOMEMADE DOG TOOTHPASTE INGREDIENTS
- Coconut Oil: 1/4 Cup.
- Baking Soda: 3 Tablespoons.
- Fine Sea Salt (NOT table salt): 1/2 Teaspoon.
- Cinnamon: 1/2 Teaspoon.
- Optional Taste: 6 sprigs of Parsley and/or 5 or 6 mint leaves (if adding mint leaves you'll need to use a food processor.)
One may also ask, can I use regular toothpaste to brush dogs teeth? This is very important. Do NOT use regular human toothpaste for your dog. Most human toothpastes include fluoride, which is extremely poisonous to dogs. You can find toothpaste formulated for dogs at most good pet stores.
Secondly, what can I brush my dog's teeth with at home?
Try one of these five simple homemade dog toothpaste recipes:
- Go herbal with turmeric, parsley and kelp.
- Mix beef bouillon cube, baking soda, salt and parsley.
- Add cinnamon and coconut oil.
- Blend together all the above plus mint.
- Add cloves and tea tree oil.
What kind of toothpaste should I use for my dog?
The 5 Top-Rated Dog Toothpastes
|Best Overall||Enzadent 3 Pack Enzymatic Toothpaste for Dogs and Cats||4.7|
|Runner Up||Virbac C.E.T. Enzymatic Toothpaste||4.5|
|Best Budget Buy||Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste Dog Poultry Flavor||4.5|
|Best Toothpaste for Puppies||Arm & Hammer Dog Dental Care Toothpaste||4.3|